If I close The Bat, then while it's "Processing Folders" window is still
open, do a Start -> Shutdown -> Shutdown/Reboot, I get a notification from
Windows that The Bat has crashed, then an AV or an error message from The
Bat, then another Windows message that TB has crashed.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Murphy was not just an optimist - he was a hopeless romantic.
       -- Jones' Extension to O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Laws

[The Bat! v3.95.8 on Windows 2003 5.2.3790.Service Pack 1]