Hi Everyone,

Saturday, February 3, 2007, 12:53:56 PM, Vili wrote:

> Hello Bob,

>> Amazing.  I tried to look for a setting in BitDefender AV (before
>> giving it up) that would direct live scanning to overlook .tbb and
>> .tbi files, but I couldn't find any such option.

> As  a Bitdefender reseller, I have to say that you are entitled to ask
> support  questions on the Bitdefender website. Hint: it is in the Scan
> options.

I couldn't find any such option when I looked (apparently I overlooked
something) - but in addition, I couldn't be sure the interaction with
BitDefender was "the culprit." Since I already had purchased ZoneAlarm
Security Suite in the spring of 2006, it was easy to remove
BitDefender and re-install ZoneAlarm (and I wasn't sure if that would
solve the problem of folder indexing). Only after I installed
ZoneAlarm Internet Security 2007, which now features Kaspersky AV, did
I realize that the folder indexing problem was finally solved.

Thank you for writing, Vili.  I have told Ritlabs tech about this
issue so they can alert other TB owners someplace on their site.
Please pass your solution on to TB as well, so that no one removes
BitDefender needlessly.

--

Bob Riley in New Mexico, USA