Stuart Cuddy wrote:

SC> Monday, February 12, 2007, 8:48:38 PM, you wrote:

>> I have a filter that exports a message to a text file using the
>> 'Plain text' option with a template.  With the latest version of
>> TB! the output gets an extra space between each character.

SC> Yes  I  have  exactly  the same problem. I was told that it was due to
SC> unicode  and  that  a  unicode  text  editor  would allow me to see it
SC> correctly.

Yup, that's it.

SC> This is true, but when you try to import the resulting info into a
SC> database  it  does  not  recognize the unicode text.

And apparently XP doesn't recognize unicode batch files, 'cause that's
what I'm using it to create.

SC> I do not understand the logic of exporting unicode when it exports
SC> text.

Nor do I.  That's the kind of change that can break stuff for existing
users.  It's a nice capability, but ought to be an option.

SC> See mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] for my discussion.

Thanks for the link.  I'd missed that one.

--
George

Using The Bat! 3.96.04 (BETA) on Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2.