Hallo Ian,

On Mon, 7 May 2007 19:08:03 +1000GMT (7-5-2007, 11:08 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

IAW> however what this does clearly say is that someone on these
IAW> lists is harvesting e-mail addresses and usernames from the lists,or
IAW> there is some other person or organisation that is providing an
IAW> archive of the lists to spammers.

Or somebody (one or multiple) has a virus/trojan/other malware that's
doing that for him.
Most address harvesting is done via bots and malware and
unfortunately not everybody is as safety conscious as he should be.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

"The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace.  It failed."
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 3.99.3
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 pop3 accounts
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM