Answering a current message (Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 05:28)

Hello Max,

MM> Any way, any mail server may store the messages, for example, for legal
MM> inspection by authorities.

yes. It MAY. But that is not the matter of dispute.

Privacy is a highly sensitive issue - and Google is known to be suspected by
lots of people. I don't think we need to discuss whether they are right or
wrong, that's a moot point.

But from your point of view you should simply take their scrupulosity
seriously - just because they are potential customers.

As a conclusion I'd say that

- the person who newly installs TB and uses the thebat.net mail account must
  definitely KNOW that in fact he uses Google.

- it must not be neccessary to use the web interface even once. (I know that
  you are working on this.)

- the GMail option to remove the messages after accessing them via POP MUST
  be the default setting.

If all this is true, I'd say go for it.

--
Regards,