Hello all,
Sunday, October 14, 2007, Sebastian Murawski wrote:

>>> When version change and you must pay for new licence? Yes, I expect
>>> really big changes and privately one little bugfix (regression fix)
>>> - https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5690.
>> did  You paid for upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1, from 3.0.1 to 3.5, from
>> 3.5  from  3.7  etc?

> And what are major improvements, new major features in this v3 builds?
> I remember one feature that now not exists.

new filtering system, new customiser, rewritten message list pane,
Unicode in many parts, Vista support etc.

I do not remember all, some things can be major for You, some for another,
for example downloading images to HTML is major for You, not for me - I
like filtering system a lot...

>> V3  was  developed more than 3 years and You paid once only. Why You
>> expect, all things will be introduced in 4.0?

> I  paid  also  for  v2 and remember promise about newsgroup support. I
> paid for this promise to.

I really do not remember, Ritlabs officialy promised this, are You really
need this yet?

>>> Why not wait when this two things are ready and then give users v4?
>> because  downloading  images  to HTML messages is much easier and is
>> almost finished, templates affects more parts of program.

> You  can  say that for sure html templates will be available in v4 and
> this will be not next major version? Im not so sure.

You have right, I do not know this for sure, but Max confirmed me, HTML
templates are in list of planned features for V4 in 2008.

--

Bye

Marek Mikus
Czech support of The Bat!
http://www.thebat.cz

Using the best The Bat! 3.99.24
with MyMacros,XMP,AnotherMacros, NOD32 Antivirus plugin and AntispamSniper v
2.6.1.5

Notebook Toshiba, Core2 Duo 1.83 GHz, 1 GB RAM