Randy,

> On 1/3/2008, Gleason wrote:
>> For me, complete includes things that Mulberry does not do, such as
>> better than primitive html/graphics handling, notes attached to
>> messages.  And Mulberry does have performance issues too.  No, MB
>> doesn't make the cut.

> The issues you point out have nothing to do with its ability to handle
> IMAP (and, as far as I know, the performance issues stem mainly from
> not being multithreaded but I could be wrong on that).

Yes, multithreading is another important lack in MB, whether it is
resposible for the performance issues or not.

> In strictly discussing which e-mail client has the best IMAP
> handling, Mulberry is it.

If all you care about is negotiating the Imap protocol, Pine for
Windows is the choice.

>If you expand it to include a host of other things, such as what
>you've mentioned, then, you're right, MB doesn't make the cut.  It's
>those reasons why I, too, no longer use Mulberry.  TB's IMAP may be
>lacking but it makes up for it in a ton of other ways and, like most
>people, I keep my fingers crossed that one day IMAP will be truly
>addressed in The Bat!. --  :R.

I see a tremendous improvement in TB Imap over the past few years.
That while other clients have not improved and some even given up.  I
don't think that the improvement could have happened any other way.
There aren't enough years in the day to develop such facility on a
shorter time frame.  I don't see any reason to expect that TB's Imap
won't continue to improve.

--
 Gleason

 Using 4.0.0.6 (ALPHA) on Windows XP, 5.1, Build 2600.
 IMAP email provider is Fastmail, which uses Cyrus server software.