Hello Tbbetaophiles,

  Following MAU's directions exactly given last Sunday on
  re-installing TB! solved most of the problems.

  For about 30 seconds (hyperbole here) the program was working
  beautifully and the spell checkers were all wonderful. The toolbars
  looked very nice, the whole program has a clean and fresh look.

  THEN, I tried upping from the distributed msi to the latest build
  and the whole thing fell apart.

  I know this is not descriptive, but the program wouldn't even load,
  and immediately I repeated the stripping/reinstalling and had it
  all together again.

  Could there be something wrong in the rar files that are being sent
  through?  I did have trouble opening Maxim's file in Opera and so
  was using Firefox to do it - but clearly something is amiss there.

  Everyone seems to have such a variety of messes going on that I
  wonder if all the incremental upticks of these files aren't
  corrupting each other?  Maybe we can't just install these over the
  old, as was the usual, "save your breath, save your life"?

  A case of :batbeer: to you, Miguel, for helping take the anxiety
  out of this process. Suave!

 Maggie
Running Windows XP, and emailing with The Bat! 4.0.14