On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Paul Van Noord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> JW> I am not clear on why there are these language changes: "Start-up"
> JW> versus "Master Password" and "input" versus "enter". Wherever
> JW> possible, consistent language and grammar is probably better.
>
> They're different passwords for different purposes. Assumptions are
> often more dangerous than inconsistency.

Sorry, Paul, but I don't follow you. What is the different purpose? In
both cases, is not the purpose to gain access to TB and its stored
information? And are not the actions to "input" and "enter"
fundamentally the same - typing some confidential characters and then
pressing Enter or clicking OK?

The reason why I generally recommend using consistent language and
grammar *wherever possible* is mainly to avoid creating an impression
that there is a different purpose or different action if there is not.

--
jaywalker
Windows XP Pro SP2