Hello Dwight,

Sunday, June 8, 2008, 10:26:01 AM, you wrote:

DC> On Saturday, June 7, 2008, 4:10:57 PM, Roelof Otten wrote:

>> Well, that's something I agree with. It's important to whom you
>> address a message and to whom you give notice.

DC> I'd think in the adult world what would be important would be that all
DC> the right people got the mail.

In the business world, if a mail is addressed to several people, who
will be the one who answers? If the sender puts several addresses in
the same company / department into the TO field, my experience shows
that everybody thinks one of the others will reply and therefore
nobody will.

There are reasons to have multiple recipients in the TO field, for
example when you send party invitations to a small group of friends.
Whether replies should go to all or only to the host, is another
discussion.

In any case, whoever replies to a message with multiple TO recipients,
will reply to the person who sent the message, not to the others being
copied in. Hence, I agree wth Roelof.

--
Cheers,
Thomas.

Die Sztahlfabriken von Birmingham verbrauchen so viel Stahl, das aller
Stahl, welcher fabricirt wird, dazu nicht ausreichen wuerde.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.24.11