I have 4 imap accounts.  I find that I get the best performance if I
portion the 10 connections allowed for an imap account between them.
Should this be necessary?  The option to not connect and synchronize
at startup doesn't seem to have any effect.

If the 4 accounts have more  than 10 connections between them, the program
is able to connect to only one account when the
program starts, TB decides the other three servers have terminated the
connection, and the associated tasks disappear from the Connection Center.

At the next periodic check, TB is able to connect to the other 3 and
perform normally from that point.

--
 Gleason

 Using 4.0.34.16 (ALPHA) on Windows XP, 5.1, Build 2600.
 IMAP email provider is Fastmail, which uses Cyrus server software.