On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:11:28 +0100, MAU wrote:

>The very last paragraph of the forwarded message:

>>One more last thing. I don't want to start any further discussion with
>>this message, so don't bother to reply unless you really think you can
>>point a real alternative for me ;-)

>Is even more true today.

You're missing the point. The reality is very simple.

Fact 1: Ritlabs is advertising a Release Version (4.0.38) on its
WWWebsite.
Fact 2: There is a list of KNOWN issues and bugs in this Release
Version.

IMO, the courteous thing to do for Ritlabs would be to handle the
issues, fix the bugs and provide the user (who isn't aware of the
ongoing Alfa-, Beta-, RC- or whatever "development" and who
probably doesn't need version 4.1.x) with a 4.0 Release Version
that is as stable and usable as possible.

Ritlabs doesn't do that. Instead they are throwing in yet another
series of half baked Alfa- Beta-, RC- or whatever versions that
have some bugs fixed and others introduced to a group of
"beta-testers" who are just able to say: "up and running".

This is not an incident, it has gone on for many, many years.

I have given up four years ago. I don't want to pay in order to be
used as a guinea pig. If you are happy with it and want to continue
using it, that's fine. But I think you should not try to obfuscate
TheBat's troubles by merely trumpetting its virtues.

Arjan