On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Carsten Guthardt-Schulz
<gutha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just upgraded to 4.1: Got the message that the message base was being
> converted. Right after that, The Bat displayed the message "older version's
> index files found. It looks like an older version of ....

> Now whenever I start TB, this message pops up again after a few minutes.

> What have I done wrong and how can I fix this?

Carsten, you did not do anything wrong. For me also - on two computers
- the upgrade of the mail foder index files was buggy. Fortunately, it
is very easy thing to fix manually.

All that you have to do is to check ALL of the directories where your
mail is stored (typically in your program directory or somewhere under
Documents and Settings) and delete any old index files that you find.
Under OTFE, delete the EBI files (leaving only the EBN files if they
are there). Without OTFE, also delete the old index files (I forget
the extension just now), and leave the new index files. You can tell
the difference by the date on the file - the old index files will be
older. :)

That's it. The next time you launch TB, you will not get any warning
about old index files, and everything should run smoothly - at least
as smoothly as before.

--
jaywalker
Windows XP Pro SP3