Hello Alain,

>>> Same what i already heared about that.
>
>> If you complain or try to reason, they are very rude to you since you
>> are obviously guilty - after all they said so.
>
>> I have NO USE for spamhaus
>
> In fact I'm not blacklisted but only in a *PBL* (policy block list)
> decided by Neuf Cegetel, my provider for the /good ?/ reason that I'm
> using a dynamic IP ;(

I strongly disagree with Rick. I've been running my own mail server for
many years and using Spamhaus for DNSBL queries and I think they provide
a very good and reliable service. But one must understand how DNSBL
queries work. They (Spamhaus) DO NOT block any IP. If a mail server gets
a connection from an IP (to deliver email) and query Spamhaus server
about this IP, they just provide a return code and, based on this code,
it is up to the querying server to interpret it and decide what to do
with the incoming connection. What it is done depends on how the
sysadmin of the mail server has configured it.

Your case is a typical example. In your first message you say: "I can't
send messages directly to your smtp server". That's the problem, you are
trying to establish and end-to-end connection to the server, the server
queries Spamhaus about you IP and the return code tells them that your
IP address belongs to a dynamic range, which is true. And it is the
server who decides to not accept the connection and rejects your
message.

Exactly the same thing would happen is you tried to send me a PM
connecting directly to my server. I don't accept end-to-end connections
from dynamic IPs either. If you wanted to send email to me, you would
have to do it by relaying (sending) through your ISP's smpt mail server.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.1.11 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3