Hello Alain,

>> I was looking for something else in Registry when I bumped into, as per
>> attachment, TB entries. I have no idea how and when they got in and why
>> they were not removed by latest installation.
>
> Same here, not exactly the same keys but exactly the names I use to test
> some beta (2 or more exe in the same directory) ... ;)

You are darn right! How come I didn't think of it? I guess I'm getting
old ;-(

Yes, although I haven't done so for some time, during beta cycles I used
to keep several exe files (renamed to include version) in the same
directory so it would be easy to swap between them.

But then, having different versions and just executing them is not
enough to get the registry entries. I tried last night with version
4.1.5 (thebat415.exe) and no new key was added to registry.

But Jens Franik gave me the clue when today in his
<mid:286057380.20090209125...@gmx.de> he wrote:

> Not here, but the Entries have something with MAPI Default Handler?

Yes, it certainly has to do with MAPI handler. I again executed
thebat415.exe and in Options/Preferences/Applications I clicked on the
"Install The Bat! as the Simple MAPI request handler" button and... no,
not 'voila!' yet. Hmmm! So I went and exported a message as a *.msg
file, closed TB, and in Explorer I double clicked on *.msg file. TB
started to open and yes, this time Voila! See attached PNG.

I think this explains why some of you have no entry at all, or just the
thebat.exe one or several entries.

Thanks for the pointers :)

BTW, TB still freezes when trying to open it by double clicking on a
.msg or .eml file.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.1.11.2 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3