domingo, 1 mar 2009 at 10:51, it seems you wrote:

> I am pretty sure Ritlabs are feeling the same way today. They know
> they are not going to win the whole world with The Bat!, they already
> only cater to a small group of enthusiasts that keep buying new
> versions. It gives them enough money to pay their bills and I guess
> they'll be doing it for a few more years -- as long as a group of
> people of certain size is going to pay for it. That's probably the
> reason that IMAP never gets "reworked". The number of people asking
> for it is probably far too small to make it worthwhile for them.

IMAP should be the first fix they should to add. It seems they lost a
lot of customers due to IMAP bugs.

I  said  some  years ago, Ritlabs should add some enterprise things to
try to wide it's client base.

I  said  Rit  should try to add more Exchange compatibility, calendar
with meetings mails and others.

Years  ago  the  The  Bat! flagship was the security comparing it with
Outlook. Today the outlook security it's a bit better than before. The
filters  and  others  are  algo  better  than  in  old version. So the
difference between them it's becoming little a little with the time.

The Bat! could survive with the enthusiast you said in your mail, but
Rit  needs to wide it's customers base, and the enterprise group it's
one of the best groups for growing.

--
  /\    /                     Using The Bat! 4.1.11.6 Professional
 /  \  /     \  /             Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 3)