Hello Marek,

On Mon, 25 May 2009 23:13:02 +0200 GMT (26/May/09, 4:13 +0700 GMT),
Marek Mikus wrote:

M>>> But can you trust an antivirus that reports false positives?

>> Once again, this is not a false positive. The scanner engine detects
>> that it can't properly check an executable, and it is rightfully
>> reporting this failure to the user. There's nothing wrong on the part
>> of the scanner.

MM> removing file is not correct behaviour, if scanner can't check the file.

The correct way is to let the AV scan the file, so I agree with Alto.
And you cannot instruct the user how to set their AV if they want to
install an email-client.

MM> What will be next? Antivir will format drive if partition can't be
MM> checked?

AV software will be useless if developers choose to make their
software unscannable. Users will just stop using AV software or - more
likely - choose software that does not cause any problems with the AV
scanner.

Do you really expect the average user to tweak their computer and AV
scanner before installing The Bat!? Don't you think they will rather
choose another email software?

Do you think they will be happy to hear that it is their own fault if
TB! has been deleted after they updated their virus scaner?

Just asking. I wonder why you think this is acceptable.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.