On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:03:17 +0200, Mark Partous wrote:

[Code Rot]

>Daar geloof ik nu eens niks van!  :-)

Translated: "I do not believe any of this! :-)".

OK. Read this:

http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/Principles_and_Patterns.pdf

I'll quote just a very small part of this very interessing
document:

"Fragility. Closely related to rigidity is fragility. Fragility is
the tendency of the software to break in many places every time it
is changed. Often the breakage occurs in areas that have no
conceptual relationship with the area that was changed. Such
errors fill the hearts of managers with foreboding. Every time they
authorize a fix, they fear that the software will break in some
unexpected way."

Now does that sound familiar?

Arjan