Hello Martin,

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:24:57 +0200 GMT (02/Sep/09, 20:24 PM +0700 GMT),
Martin Schoch wrote:

MS> I want to give up my desktop computer (XP SP2) and to run TheBat! in
MS> the future only on my laptop (Vista SP1).

MS> Would it be a good thing to run TheBat! on the laptop with or without
MS> OTFE? The message base contains about 60'000 messages - 20 POP and 6
MS> IMAP accounts.

MS> Thanks for any hints.

I don't know anything about Vista. But my advice is to never use OTFE.
It is simply impossible to recover messages that where mysteriously
lost during during maintenance.

If you need encryption, use a software that encrypts your particition
or folder. This way, any *.bin file created by the maintenance center
can be recovered within that partition or folder.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.2.10.6