Hello, Prezes.
You wrote in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

P> Hello TBDEV list,

P>   I use BayesIt! 0.3a. I installed the filter in directory C:\Programy\The
P>   Bat!\baesyan\. Unfortunately the filter often return error, which I send in
P>   attachement.

This is not error! The BayesIt manager stores in the registry the
path, where from you run it. This path is necessary when later
BayesIt! will ask you to "start manual training now". So, if you have
two copies of learnengine.exe in different places, it just ask you
which one to use for manual training.

P>   The second error is: I received for example 10 letters, I close The Bat!, run
P>   learningengine.exe and the learningengine show, that in bank is for example 4
P>   letter - in index.txt is 4 mails logged, but in baesyan.log is 10 letters.
P>   What is this? This error introduced when I change "Autostart manualy training
P>   process" to 15 letters. When it is 2299999 the error not exist.

This mean that the rest 6 letters were autotrained. So, it is no more
necessary to ask you about them. The number "15" which you set means,
than when it will be more than 15 letters still "untrained" in the
bank, the filter itself will ask you to start manual training (and if
you confirm it, it will itself run "learnengine.exe" from the path
described in previous question). So, because autotraining is very
effective, this number of "untrained" letters will grow very slow. The
example you give - is not usual. Usually when I receive about 50
letters, only 1 or 2 still be "untrained" and need to be trained
manually. The limit of "10" untrained letters before manual training
in my case usually fills during week or more.

May be, that initial number in "autostart manually training process"
of 2299999 is some kind of garbage in settings.ini, and I'll check it
(I think that it was 50...). In any case, setting of this value to
more than 10 is not appropriate. But the error in this value is really
small bug - because it touch only service feature and never touch
filtering process itself.

Also I must say one more thing about autotraing. The scenario by which
the filter works is here: when you run The Bat!, the idle background
process starts, which at begin loads all regarding base into the
memory. Then it collects all the letters which appropriate to be
autotrained and updates regarding base. If any new received letter
arises, this process stops and waits for 10 seconds after last
"receiving", and then start again. So, autotraining need some time to
be completed - about 15 seconds of running The Bat! in idle, or about
25 seconds after last letter received. If you run The Bat! with
command-line parameter which cause it to exit immediately after
receiving all letters, these letters will not be autotrained. In such
case, the value of "autostart manually training process..." can be
exceeded, and The Bat! will wait while you answer to the request. So,
if you need The Bat! to work automatically, it is recommended to
switch this feature off.

--
Sincerely,
 Alexey.