Hello, tbdev.

I've written a small plugin which works like gate translating NNTP to IMAP
protocols. It is just a sample, and I published it for everybody who wants to
continue develop the subject. Now the plugin works only one way - it can
"reflect" NNTP groups into IMAP folders and download the messages. It will
receive all messages from the group - and you can implement the way to download
only last few messages which were not downloaded yet. Also you can implement the
"store" part - to sent the messages to NNTP (it need the other piece of code -
to translate SMTP to NNTP).

You can download VC++ 6 project here: http://klirik.narod.ru/arc/news2imap.rar
(65.3kb)

The compiled plugin is placed here: http://klirik.narod.ru/arc/imapnews.tbp
(58.5kb)

You can install the plugin usual way. Then create new IMAP mailbox with the
parameters:
IMAP server: localhost
user name - address of nntp server (i.e. news.rol.ru)
password - none.

If the nntp server require authorization, then use these parameters:

IMAP server - localhost
user name - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (i.e. [EMAIL PROTECTED])
password - password to access NNTP server.

The best way for working - is set up synchronization to synchronize whole
messages, but you also can use "headers only" or "headers and text".

--
Sincerely,
 Alexey.

  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]