Hello All, Ok.... Still not sure what happened, but I suspect there was corruption in the user table when I set Roelof as an admin while he was editing his account properties. The problem was it wasn't just the user table. Tiki Wiki has 192 tables in the DB. Each table has usually a minimum of 5 or 6 fields, and some with 20 some odd fields. Overall, there was just too much data to sort through to try and find the exact problem. I would be doing it for a week.
At any rate, I rebuilt the site (got up at 3am this morning) at a slightly different URL. We had no data loss other than I could not import the user table over as something in it was causing the problem. Apologies, but you'll have to register again. Other than that.. I believe I have the permissions thing figured out, so the permissions shouldn't be a problem anymore. I'll tell you what... The only other piece of software where I saw such granularity and complexity in permissions that was worse, is a Microsoft Project Server. That's an ugly beast to consistently configure permissions on. Here's the new URL. http://www.pcwize.com/thebat/tbudp/ -- __ ____ ____ ____ TBUDL/BETA/DEV/TECH Lists Moderator / PGP 0x6C0AB16B ( ) ( ___)(_ _)( ___) TBUDP Wiki Site: http://www.PCWize.com/thebat/tbwiki )(__ )__) _)(_ )__) Roguemoticons: http://PCWize.com/thebat (____)(____)(____)(__) PCWSmileys: http://PCWize.com/thebat/pcwsmileys.php Tagline of the day: Software Requirements: Microsoft Windows and a heckuva lot of patience. ________________________________________________ http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html