I'm with Paul. I strongly disagree with discontinuing support for lcptools-v2.

lcp-gen2 requires that you have a Window Manager installed. It requires
clicking around in a GUI. Both of these limit its use. The most important thing
it limits is the ability to script LCP creation like I have done. When I give
someone else an LCP to use, instead of a 10 page document with pictures that
walks them through clicking everything in lcp-gen2, with lcptools-v2, I can
just say "Run this script." If that script doesn't error out, then I *know*
that the LCP was correctly created. In the lcp-gen2 case, I have to have the
user send me the LCP and other intermediate files and compare them with what I
expect in order to figure out whether something went wrong or not.
Troubleshooting for a script is simpler. If for some reason they can't copy &
paste the console output with the error (very easy), I can have the user run
the script again while redirecting the output to a file, and then send me the
file.

I also have philosophical issues with GUI-only, mostly that it violates the
UNIX philosophy of "Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
universal interface." My evidence for why this should be considered consists of
my previous paragraph and Paul's concerns.