On Tue, 14 Apr 2020, Lukasz Hawrylko wrote:
As KBL SINIT works with both SKL and KBL platforms, the old one,
compatible only with SKL, is not longer supported and may not work with
newer versions of SKL bioses. Recommendation is to use the KBL SINIT for
both KBL and SKL systems.

To avoid possible confusion in the future, old, not longer supported
SINIT, will be removed from download site. After that, there will be
only one binary available - 6th_7th_gen_i5_i7-SINIT_74 (that works with
both SKL and KBL platforms). Please do not use 6th_gen_i5_i7_SINIT_71.

Great to hear that you found the root cause! Would it be possible to publish a simple tool that can pick the right ACM module for a given CPU automatically? So that I could use that tool to generate my grub.cfg this would greatly improve usability of the whole solution. I can of course try to extract that logic from tboot but maybe such a tool already exists?

-Timo