Hi Januk,

On Monday, July 1, 2002 01:28, which was Monday, July 1, 2002 at 09:28 where I am,
Januk Aggarwal [JA] wrote;

> Ok, well the initials quick template should only generate the
> initials, it shouldn't do any decision making about when to use those
> initials.  Do the decision making in a separate QT.  I use 3 layers,
> my main template, a "name" template that decides how to display the
> name and if initials are appropriate, and and an initials template
> which generates the initials.

As you can see by the above, I now have your initials present on the attribution line.
Yippee

But, I seem to have broken everything else :-( I copied over the template from your
link, where you have a series of 3 QT's. Can you
give me a hint of how they all link together as I had to copy and paste your mail to
get this info across! :-(

> I am purposely being somewhat cryptic in my answers. The reason for
> that is you seem to be interested in cobbling together your own
> solution from fragments that are floating around. In the process you
> are probably learning a lot about templates and the macros.  You are
> doing a good job and are almost there, so it would seem that I would
> ruin your well deserved sense of accomplishment if I just give you
> my solution.

I totally agree with you. Although I'm getting frustrated, I get a good sense of
achievement on completion (should I ever get there!)

> Having said that, if you would like to see a working template system
> (it is complex), I could give you my solution. It still won't be
> exactly what you want, but the necessary changes should be almost
> trivial for you.  If you do want to see my full solution, you'll have
> to ask me off-list.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to beat this!!!!! but can you help with the
linking the 3 QT's?

Thanks,

Chris.