Hello Alexander,

On Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at 1:42:50 AM you [AL] wrote (at least
in part):

PP>> OK, I thought you maybe meant a "more serious" solution, not only
PP>> directed to replace '%20' :-)
AL> I can't (after some more deep tests) implement DECODEURL - "%" char
AL> broke whole parameter of function - thus, usage original form of
AL> URL-encoding string is impossible

If you pass the string along to the function literally: sure.
But if you do similar to solution in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and pass it as %_var
to the function TB! shouldl "resolve" the "%_var" but IMHO not try to
dereference it's content to a possible macro name, shouldn't it?

And the problem of OP was, IIRC, a %SUBPATT='2' passed to a
'decode_url()' function necessary, instead of a fixed string.

A fixed string of course would have to be 'Test%%20User' instead of
'Test%20User', but if somebody needs to protect a string from being
interpreted as a macro an additional 'string_escape()' macro could be
useful, which replaces every '%' in the string given as argument by
'%%' (just in case somebody want to create a construct that works with
possible dereferencing syntax).
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.