Hello Geoff,
I do this, I would like to help you. I will attach my code for you to
look at.

Private Sub Mailto_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Mailto_Click
    Dim stToWhom As String
    stToWhom = DLookup("Email", "Technician", "Name = '" &
Forms!Call_ticket!sbfrmTechTime!Technician & "'")
    stDocName = "CallTicketHard"
    gService_Tag_No = Service_Tag_No
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, "CallTicketHard", acFormatRTF, stToWhom, , , _
    "SYO's Automated Service Call Notification System", _
    "You have been assigned Call Ticket #:" & Forms!Call_ticket!Service_Tag_No & ", " _
    & vbCrLf & "with Service Type: " _
    & Forms!Call_ticket!Type_Support & "." & vbCrLf & "This task is scheduled for " _
    & Forms!Call_ticket!sbfrmTechTime!Date & " at " &
Forms!Call_ticket!sbfrmTechTime!Arrival_Time & "." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "Please call " & Forms!Call_ticket!Real_Name & " at " &
Forms!Call_ticket!CompanyName & " in the morning on " &
Forms!Call_ticket!Installation_Date & _
    " at " & Forms!Call_ticket!Phone_Number & " and let him/her know when you expect
to be there." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "Additional Information: " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    Forms!Call_ticket!Problem, False

Exit_Mailto_Click:
    Exit Sub
Err_Mailto_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Mailto_Click
End Sub

--
Best regards,
 Jason Gottschalk                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]