Hello George,

Sunday, July 11, 2004, 5:04:05 PM, you wrote:
George> of using a user's email address and an "X-Rogue: Yes" header
George> seem like a good idea.

I agree.

George> Hmmm, how does the auto-load handle file name collisions?

I've thought about that a bit, and the only thing I can come up with
is auto-incrementing the filename, but how is TB to know that it isn't
the same image it's downloading again.

i.e. I have my Roguemoticon on both PCWize server and server X. They
are the same pic, and someone has both servers in their trusted
servers file. Now I'm wasting space (albeit small) on someone's hard
drive.

Maybe we need to append a comment to each line of the .MSL which
contains the URL (or IP) of where the image was obtained from.

Still doesn't solve my issue I raised above, but it might be a good GP
thing to do.

--
Leif Gregory (TB list moderator and fellow end user).

Tagline of the day:
Shampoo - A bear imposter

Using The Bat! 2.12 RC/3 under Windows 2000 5.0
Build 2195 Service Pack 4 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB