Hi all,

On Tuesday, September 28, 1999, 10:34:58 AM (-5 GMT), Steve scribbled:

>     This would be bad since it would break many other clients.  TB, for
> example, uses that character as a signal to color the quote line differently.
> Other applications to the same thing.  TB also knows that lines that have > in
> the first few characters are quotes and will wrap them correctly.  Other
> applications do this as well.  Allowing the user to choose a quote character
> willy-nilly breaks that de-facto standard across the board.

Ooops. Well, TB! has already broken this de facto standard by including
initials etc. in the quote prefixes so I think that I had better stop
trying to make matters worse. Funny, this is why I ditched using the
quote prefixes. No client which supports colour differentiation seems to
get it right with the initials in the quote prefix. Not even Gravity.:)

By the way, I thought that the quote prefix was used mainly to
differentiate quotes from non-quotes? This color coding that you speak
of seems to be confined to only a limited number if clients and it's
quite impressive to watch Gravity pull off getting the color coding
right when you throw different quote prefixes at it. In Agent you define
the strings which should be treated as a quote prefix. They certainly
also support the de facto standard quote prefix for formal situations
such as this UDL.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-