Hi, all,
On 01/10/1999, at 02:05,
Ali Martin (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
regrouped the troops and said:

AM>>> What event exactly would make unread messages automatically be declared
AM>>> seen and given the color orange?

>> Opening    the    folder    where   they   are   during  a few seconds
>> (time chosen as an option).

>> Exactly like  opening  an "unread" during a few seconds makes the post
>> automatically    declared   "read".   (you   chose   the    time    in
>> account_properties / options).

AM> A time. Wouldn't that time vary depending on how many messages you have
AM> in that particular folder. I see a lot of potential problems there. I
AM> still think that your feature is worthwhile but only workable through a
AM> manual toggle switch or through filters.

The  time  you  need  to  read a post vary, too, depending on how many
lines  you  have  in it. But, after a time you've defined, it's marked
"unread".  Did  you  have  any  problem with that? I had, from time to
time: what I do is to hit ctrl+U and mark it unread.

If  you  want  a  manual toggle, It may be this one, as it is a better
priorities  management to spend time, hand working, with urgent posts,
than to spend it with all the non-urgents.

In this case:
Red (new posts in): I open the folder.
A  time  (user  defined):  All  "new"  posts  in it are marked "seen".
                           Orange.
(If I want, for any reason, to keep one "new")
I press ctrl+something: This particular post is marked "new". Red.

Agreed?

Please notice two thing.

1- People who don't like this option may just act as if red and orange
   were the same color and don't make *any* change in their habits.
2- When  I  open a red folder, I *know* that it's going to be orange.
   So, I go and see all the "new" posts.

If  you really *hate*  this  auto  change (why not), and want a manual
toggle,  for me I *don't* want to hand work and waste time with *each*
non-urgent  posts.  So,  I can live with a manual toggle which changes
*all*  the  "new"  posts  to "seen" with only *one* mouse click. Could
you?

Claude.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thought of the day (randomly french or english)
Le bonheur est une distribution asymétrique droite - Parducci.