Hello John,

Tuesday, October 12, 1999, 12:13:39 AM, you wrote:

JTM> I know this is probably an easy or dumb question, but how do I remove
JTM> names and addresses from the drop down history list on the editor.
JTM> Thanks.

I sent this as a request to rit-labs a very long time ago...
'cause I believe it's a matter of privacy/security...

I never got any kind of response, but you can do this:

open regedit (be carefull as you're messing with the core of windows
now!)

goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat!\History strings

there you'll find both complete lists...
choose the one you want (open the dir)
and delete the keys...
remember to alter the 'Count'-key (don't delete this)
to '0' hex (becomes clear when you alter the key)

I haven't tried it out myself (yet) but I advise you to perform this
operation while the bat is NOT running... (& I'm not responsible if
anything goes wrong either...)

Furthermore: when I've got some spare time, I'll create a script that
performs this task...

--
 Der Immer Jodelende Schweizer In Lederhosen
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat 1.35 on Windows 98 build 4.10

I have a magnetic personality - keep me away from diskettes.

                  If you believe in Light
                 it's because of Obscurity

                  If you believe in Joy
                 it's because of Sadeness

                  If you believe in God
          then you have to believe in the Devil

   * Father X, Exorcist, Church of Notre Dame - Paris *