Hi Steve Lamb,

On Dienstag, 12. Oktober 1999 at 17:47:00 you wrote:

SL> Tuesday, October 12, 1999, 2:20:53 AM, Oleg wrote:
>> I believe it can be very useful if you are answering a standard letter,
>> where it is easy to select a text which have to be quoted. Anyway, did
>> anybody try this already and can provide an example?

SL>     Another good example would be to automatically remove quoted material in
SL> your quote by excluding any line that starts with >>.  :)

Hm.  Nice.  ;)  I  think those are good examples of how to use regular
expressions...  but  since  hearing  about them in The Bat!, I've been
thinking  about  what exactly to do with them. I don't usually receive
mail that is so very standardized that I could use regular expressions
to  filter  the quotation... Ok, you might say, just don't use them. I
was  just  wondering...  I  know  you can do a LOT of nice things with
regexps, so I'd really like to use them in some way ;)

Oliver Sturm

--
Oliver Sturm / <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Key ID: 71D86996
Fingerprint: 8085 5C52 60B8 EFBD DAD0  78B8 CE7F 38D7 71D8 6996