Hello, the Bat! list recipients,

Thursday, October 21, 1999, Jack LaRosa wrote about
Suggestion: Warn if no subject entered:

JL> If I add the line:

JL> %SUBJ="This would be different if I didn't forget to change it"

JL> to  a  new message, then everything after %SUBJ appears wherever I
JL> placed  it  in  the  template,  not  on  the  Subject line. Have I
JL> misunderstood?

I  think  I have misunderstood something. If you add the text (no need
to  have  it  on  separate  line)  %SUBJ="Bla-bla-bla"  to new message
template,  then,  when  you will create new message, everything inside
quotes  will  be  placed  to  the Subject line, and in the text of the
message  there will be no sign of this macro, except if you will place
it  on  separate line there will be an empty line at that place in the
message text.

Oleg Zalyalov.                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Using The Bat! version 1.36
  under Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 5, RC 1.1