Hi Roman,

on Monday, October 25, 1999, 4:38:11 AM GMT+0800, Roman Meng wrote:

RM> I discoverd the bat only a few days ago, but I think its one of the
RM> best Mailers on the market (maybe the best!).

*I* think it is, too. ;-)

RM> + Encrypt the attachments too if the whole mail is encrypted!
RM>   Or at minimum warn them, that attachments won't be encrypted,

How about a dialog box: "do you want attachment encrypted, too? Y/N"
However, I cannot think of a situation in which you'd want to encrypt
the message but not the attachment.

RM> + A new checkbox inside a Adress Entry Property:
RM>   "Always encrypt outgoing E-mail to this user" (PGP)

Agree.

RM>   (it would simply add %ENCRYPTCOMPLETE to the mail, cause it's
RM>   no solution at the moment to write a specific template for every
RM>   user containing %ENCRYPTCOMPLETE. And in the general templates
RM>   its not useful (There are always some people that don't have PGP))

But maybe there's a workaround: If they don't have PGP, you won't have
their public key, so TB can't encrypt. Right?

RM> + A new checkbox inside a Adress Entry Property:
RM>   "Always decrypt incoming E-Mail from this user (every Email-Adress
RM>   he has!) and save it decrypted!"

Wouldn't do anything for me - I would never use automatic decryption
or store decrypted mails. You never know who seizes your computer...

RM>   If you really think, this is to unsecure, than you should save it
RM>   encrypted, but display it decrypted (means decrypt it every time
RM>   he wants to take a look at it! (and prompting for password if not
RM>   cached))

The cache part about the password just svaed you ;-) However, I don't
know whether it's my machine, but decryption freezes everything for a
couple, ten seconds. So, I decrypt it, reply, then delete the
decrypted version.

RM>   BTW, If I (in the current version 1.36) decrypt a Mail, then a
RM>   second message will be generated an that one will be saved
RM>   decrypted. So, it can't be worse to decrypt it automatically
RM>   and save it without manual work of the user.

Same thing. I don't keep decrypted versions of mails that I choose to
encrypt.

RM> + Possibility to switch the "Get new Mail" - button in the main-toolbar
RM>   to a "Check Mail for All", cause its annoying to always try to click
RM>   it over the arrow-menu and it isn't easy to press the HotKey (Alt-F2)

I do both (Alt-F2 or the arrow thing), depending on my mood, and find
them both convenient. I like it that the on-eclick will check only
this specific account.

RM> + Possibility to switch the "Send queued Mail" - button in the main-toolbar
RM>   to a "Send Mail from All". Same reason as before (but worse, ever tried to
RM>   press Alt-Shift-F2 with one hand?)

I have all accounts on "Combined Delivery", so it does not matter
whether I click "check" or "send". Thus, Alt-F2 will also "send
all".

RM> Maybe the last two points can be done over a global "Switch to Get and
RM> Send All Mode" Checkbox inside the preferences?

I didn't quite get this. You do know about the
Account/Properties/Transport/Combined Delivery checkbox, right?

Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.36
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.