Fred Huddle wrote:

 <snip>
> For example:  I can't seem to make my filters work, and I suspect I'm
> not doing them correctly.  I find the Help in TB! to be less than
> clear in some instances.  Filters are one instance.

> Here's what I did (what I clicked on):
>   Account
>   Sorting Office/Filters
>   Incoming Mail  (maybe I should have clicked on "Kill filters"???)
>   New
>   New Rule
> Rule tab:
>   Name:  gave it a name
>   Source folder:  Inbox
>   Move messages to folder:  Trash
>   Filtering strings:
>     Strings:  a person's name
>     Location:  Sender
>     Present:  Yes
>     Rule is:  Active
> Alternatives tab:  nothing
> Actions tab:
>   Delete the message:  checked

You should stop here and leave everything else as is.

>   Delete the message from the Server:  checked

Either you are deleting the message from the server or you're
downloading the message, sending it to the trash and deleting it. I
wouldn't try to do both and that's probably where the problem lies.
Undo one of them and see what happens.

> Options tab:
>   Continue processing with other filters:  checked

You don't need to have this option checked either.

>   Send generated messages:  Queue in Outbox

Of course, look very carefully for any possible typo's.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> <CTRL>-<ALT>-<DEL> is the key to success <<<
  Using The Bat! v1.38 Beta/2 [-] Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)