Hi there!

On 5 Dec 99, at 1:03, Ali Martin wrote
    about "Re: unsubscribe":

This one I have to comment, apparently;-)

>    Alexander V. Kiselev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I really don't think anybody should leave TB for Pegasus (neither
> > for anything else, since I personally love Pegasus, too:-))).
>
> <more perplexed> Again, but why would you say that? Aren't *you* using
> Pegasus and prefer it to TB!?

I'm really using Pegasus (and suffering from its almost
nonexistant 8-bit support), but if I preferred it to TB, I'd
probably unsubscribe from this mailing list, don't you think so?
I *need* decent support for complicated MIME structures like
MIME digests (I have heaps of these in my Pegasus mailbox),
and I would *love* to be able to transfer my folder system
together with filtering model to TB. These two are the main
reasons preventing my own switching from Pegasus to TB.

Okay, and here's my own listing of Pegasus major bugs for
those who're maybe considering switching to Pegasus (to make
them reconsider, probably). This list is the main reason for me
not to recommend switching from TB to Pegasus, _especially_
for multilingual users:

-The option "when the message is deleted, open the previous
message in the reader" causes triple GPF _always_;
-The text to the right of the reader right boundary cannot be
scrolled to (at all);
- Vertical scrollbars don't work as expected (everywhere; David
Harris says it's a Windows bug which I seriously doubt);
- Attaching another mailbox to list, switching to that mailbox's
user, then returning back results in your OWN mailbox
attached twice, and so on ad infinitum;
- The signatures in anything else then ISO-8859-1 cannot be
edited at all (they're then displayed in the wrong font); the same
applies to heaps of other places;
- The Unicode font scripts aren't understood: Pegasus
_always_ uses Western; hence to use other fonts you need to
manually add the corresponding definitions to Font Substitutes;
but even this fails when Pegasus is displaying HTML or
RichText messages --- regardless the font you've set up, these
will be _always_ displayed in Western, thus making Russian
ones unreadable at all;
- Identity attached to a folder doesn't work as expected: it
doesn't switch the "Custom heading line" to the attached
identitys one;
- Using Pegasus with HP-made printer drivers installed as
"default printer" is a pain; in a while causes system hang;
- Printing 8-bit-containing messages with the option "Auto-wrap
at right margin" doesn't work at all;
- USB printers can't be used at all;
- Printer spooler names with blanks aren't permitted;
- PGP encryption/signing strips out the signature provided that
either the message body or the signature contains 8-bit;
- You'll never be able to re-code the erratically encoded
messages without leaving Pegasus: it simply hasn't View-->
Encoding functionality:-(;
- Something more that I don't remember:-)

> > Nevertheless, I don't think Ethan gonna love Pegasus: it isn't
> > intuitive at all, and a person that apparently can't even click on
> > the "unsub" link attached to every message on this list is likely
> > to get any kind of problem with the Flying Horse:-)) No personal
> > offence, please!
>
> Who knows what his needs are anyway? Good luck to him. :)

He'll end up using OutGlitch, i believe:-)

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---