OK, this takes the cake.  Today, because of my discussion with Alex over
Pegasus vs. TB! I downloaded Pegasus, installed it on my work machine, and
tried it out on my home server with both POP and IMAP.  Now, a few hours
later, Thomas is reporting getting OLD messages from me.  He sent me one which
was an internal IMAP storage message from my unix outbox.  Somehow Pegasus
sent my outbox (I'm sure all 300+ messages of it) to Thomas.

    I have no clue how it did it.