On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:09:54 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> Cripes, this is really a mess here. An aesthetic mess. This whole thing
>> needs to be cleaned up.

>     Actually, it isn't.

[..snip..]

>     It is a technical one.  They made the decision that a "parked" message in
> the outbox is not sent.  I can see the logic behind it.  Sending it requires
> it to, at the end, be *moved* to the sent folder.  Moving parked messages is
> forbidden, that is the whole idea behind parking them.  So if you can't move
> it, you can't send it, therefore it stays until unparked.  That, of course,
> describes the behavior of a "draft" perfectly.  Slap a new icon on it, call it
> a different name, keep the data structure the same.

>     So it isn't aesthetic, it is technical in that they need to program in
> behavior for drafts for the draft folder instead of parked.  They clearly
> changed the icon and the name, they can use the same logic checks to change
> the behavior to something more befitting of a draft.  :)

I see your point but:

"Would you like to move drafted messages as well"

instead of

"Would you like to move parked messages as well"

when trying to move a drafted message would be better.

and

"This message is in drafted mode, therefore cannot be deleted"

instead of

"Save the message?". You hit "No" and the draft remains.

Don't call the drafted message a parked message in popup queries and don't
lead the user astray with non-specific messages. Whether or not they
technically are the same under the hood, and it is efficient reuse of code
is besides the point on aestheticism.

--
-=Allie=-                      |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ If you cannot convince them, confuse them. ]
____