Hello Szendrő István,
On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:16:16 +0100 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, January 14, 2000, 5:16:16 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Szendrő István wrote:

Szendrő> Hello tracer,

Szendrő> Thursday, January 13, 2000, 1:33:43 AM, you wrote:
> [...]
t>> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\fix_pnp.exe
t>> C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\deltree /y c:\windows\temp\*.* >nul
t>> C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\deltree /y c:\temp\*.* >nul
Szendrő> [snip]

Szendrő> What is the "fix_pnp.exe" bit ?
mistake of mine.
I cut and pasted from my current autoexec.bat.
I have an old but good HP Scanjet iicx which with original drivers is
extreemly unstable under 98 (uses the special HP scan card).
Owner dumped the thing so I spend some time locating what was wanted
under 98...
I 'found' somewhere in Russia some stuff so it will now happily run
the latest HP software for scanning, on my old card without loading
any odd drivers which upset 98.
In short, it only does something for that scanner card...

Szendrő> (I am a keen housekeeper myself.)

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.39 Beta/1
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]