Hello Allie Martin,
On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:19:56  -0500 GMT your local time,
which was Saturday, January 15, 2000, 11:19:56 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Allie Martin wrote:

>> My  fave  is  one  called  NetVampire  (having used GoZilla and failed
>> miserably  with GetRight). Reasons: NV works superbly through my proxy
>> and  has  a  clean  and  easy  interface. GR an GZ (and also Syafril's
>> favourite - "JetCar") failed miserably in that minor feat. Add to that
>> NV's free-ware and that makes it a real winner for me.

Allie>     Getright has this new feature where it will download large files by
Allie> downloading in a user-defined number of parts from a user-defined number
Allie> of servers ... at the same time! It finds the servers and does all the
Allie> downloading automagically and it is indeed faster this way. Goodie,
Allie> goodie!!

But, how often do you download files which are present or known to be
present on more then one server.
Reget has multithreading so 5 files or whatever can be downloading at
the same time, and while this may not increase the speed of ONE file
ending up on your system, as you are paying for time on the net, I
want throughput to be as close to my maximum as I can. So I tend to
dump things I want , web AND ftp just on the list of things to get and
it will just go and do it while I do  other things.

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.39 Beta/1
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]