Hi Gary,

On Dienstag, 18. Januar 2000 at 22:57:22 you wrote:

O>> I  got PGP 6.5.3 now, seems to be quite new... just wanted to tell the
O>> other  folks  interested in PGP that this one seems to be working well
O>> with  The  Bat! Checking signatures works again at long last, although
O>> not automatic ;) I installed it on Win2k, which works generally, but I
O>> have  several  problems  with  the pgpdisk driver on one system, so be
O>> careful if you try it.

> I  have  been using my commercial PGP 6.5.3 in TB! without a problem
> too on W98 OS. However, I have not been able to load it on my W2K OS
> side  as  it  will not load ... says must use W9x or NT. It will not
> recognize  W2K. I suspect it is the pgpdisk driver also. Do you have
> the  free  version?  If  not, how did you get it to install? Maybe I
> should use the free version 6.5.3 on W2K.

AFAIK, 6.5.3 is the only version apart from the illustrous 6.5.2a that
is  specifically  for  Win2k.  It  even says so in the readme! Anyway,
every  other function works alright, it's only the pgpdisk driver that
gives problems. I tried it on two machines with the same configuration
but different hardware and it worked on one ;)

I'm  not using the free version, but the commercial version I got from
the licensed section at pgpinternational.com.

Oliver Sturm

--
% ar m God
ar: God does not exist

Key ID: 71D86996
Fingerprint: 8085 5C52 60B8 EFBD DAD0  78B8 CE7F 38D7 71D8 6996