Hello Tom Plunket,
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:18:26 -0800 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, January 21, 2000, 9:18:26 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Tom Plunket wrote:

Tom> [sorry list, but this is list-related.  ;)]

Tom> G. Cowling:

Tom> Hey, you emailed me but I'm denied from your mailbox!  Irrelevant
Tom> chatty stuff removed...

GC>> I work from my home.  I also (currently) work at a local university.
GC>> I have both commercial accts and an acct at the school.  My commercial
GC>> accts (on a LAN) will allow me to read mail from the server from
GC>> outside the LAN, but not send mail from an address outside that
GC>> domain.  My school acct will allow neither reading nor sending from
GC>> outside its domain.

Tom> Wow, this poses an interesting question.  There are a lot of questions
Tom> I would have about what is and isn't possible at each of these, but
Tom> here are some options...

Tom> Can you send mail with your "home" address to your "school" server if
Tom> you're on the school LAN, or does it bounce these back?  This is
Tom> basically what I do; I have different connections at home and work,
Tom> but I can check both accounts from either place.  However, when it
Tom> comes to sending, I need to send to the "local" mail server in both
Tom> cases, but they're good enough not to bounce messages with a from
Tom> address different from the mailserver's domain.

Tom> If you can't do that, well, might you ask the ISP from your "home"

I can offer that service in the next few days but allas it isnt
free... ( I have to be able to have my beers from time to time (g))
Essentially we are going to use an smtp in a special mode to allow
external logins to send, without getting spammers in it.
It also would include a mailbox on the USA server.
At present I am in the process of testing various email programs to
see what works and doesnt. MS stuff works (outlook), Netscape doesnt,
The bat I will be trying out tomorrow.
Any resulting spam though from any user likely will get his
originating domain banned in the Orb database....

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.39
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]