Hello, the Bat! list recipients,

Friday, February 04, 2000, Alexander V. Kiselev wrote to [EMAIL PROTECTED] about
Parked, so to speak.:

AVK> *I* can't. If it were "read-only" flag, I certainly could: I use this feature in
AVK> Pegasus. But in TB having set the "parked" flag on a group of messages
AVK> means that I'll get heaps of "are you sure?" "are you _really_ sure???"
AVK> dialogues each time I decide to re-assemble my folders structure... It sure
AVK> isn't the thing I'd love to get;-) Well, if somebody could tell "wow! that's the
way
AVK> it _has_ to work, *since* this and that useful things can be done this way" --
AVK> then I'd shut up, of course. But right now we (okay, _you_) just keep
AVK> explaining again and again _how_it_works_right_now_, failing to even explain,
AVK> _why_. I'd sure wish one of the developers to explain, what was their secret
AVK> intention underlying their deceision to implement it the way it works now;-)

Well, suppose I have a read messages filter for folder to move to some
archive  folder.  And sometimes I want some messages to remain in this
source  folder  for a while. I can park them. After I have no need for
them  in  source  folder  I can either unpark and refilter manually or
just manually move to the archive folder.

Almost  the  same case, I have a folder for notifications most of them
are  week ahead, so I have set it up to keep messages for a week. Some
of them (very few, that's why I don't want separate folder for them or
to  adjust  keep  messages term for folder) are longer so to have them
live  until  happening  I  just  park  them.  In this case I don't see
difference  between  readonly and parked flag except if I will want to
rearrange  folders. But I personally don't do it so frequently to make
me care for that.

Oleg Zalyalov.                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Using The Bat! version 1.39
  under Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 6