Hello Nick,

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 at 06:33:52 [GMT -0800], you wrote:
>> The file 'thebat.exe' is the main executable only. The file
>> the_bat.exe is the full install.

NA> It would have been far less confusing to name the full install
NA> tb1.41.exe for instance, and the executable could then retain the
NA> name thebat.exe I don't know about the others, but I found them to
NA> be confusing, listed as they were.

I once asked RITLabs why they insisted on keeping the the_bat.exe
filename across different versions, and they said it was so that no
matter what review you read, and no matter how old it was, you would
always be pointed to the most current version of TB.

I agree that it is confusing, but at the same time, I can really see
where it helps RITLabs with new users.

Leif Gregory

--
TBUDL/TBBETA List Moderator
ICQ 216395 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

PGP Key ID:
  0x8604279A (DH/DSS)
Fingerprint:
  9E16 4316 FA42 5DC6 EB1D  D0ED D37A 858A 8604 279A

Using The Bat! 1.41 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
on a Pentium III 500 MHz notebook with 128MB.

Tagline of the day:
Ought to have a warning label on his forehead.