Hi there!

On 14 Apr 00, at 19:26, Patrick Erler wrote
    about "Re[2]: strange feature request":

> >> http://ftp.dresden-online.com/~perler/files/shot.gif

This link will never work;-) You link to ftp site via http protocol...

> >> as we see you are not able to send a simple attachement, we decided
> >> to give the 3.500.000 $ order to you competitor.
>
> AM>         ROTFLMAO!!! OK, you win. :) Ignorance is a hell of thing but in
> AM> the interest of keeping customers, yes, they're always right. :))))
>
> but isn't this the killer argument for a feature in "the bat" - to do it
> spastic-proof? ;)

No, it is not. If it were, then the next wish would be to make TB a full OS. Why
not, after all? The answer is simple: a program is to perform exactly the set of
functions it's designed for. TB is a MUA, NOT a scanner/archiver. When the
plugins support becomes available, you'll be able to call the external programs
that will do the trick. Actually, you kind of can right now. Make a batch file that
would call your scanner, then call the archiver (or an image conversion
program) against the result and put the resulting GIF or JPEG or ZIP to, say,
c:\documents\tobesent.gif, then make a quick template for TB having used the
%ATTACH macro, and that's all.

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---