Hi rellieb-cal,

On 01 May 2000 at 12:13:03 GMT +1000 (which was 03:13 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points on the subject
of "Bat windows on the taskbar should be improved":

> I think the words View Folder are just taking up wasted space which is
> limited on taskbar items, and thus mostly all I ever see is the words
>
> View Fol...

[snip]

> Thus  I claim the words 'View Folder' are not only superfluous but a
> hindrance.  Surely  just  a  noticeable icon would be enough to show
> that  it  is  a  folder  window  in  Bat, and any text would be best
> deployed in showing what the folder was actually called.

Excellent  point well made. I suggest that it is made in a forum where
it  can be assimilated into new TB development. One place to go is the
TB wish list here: http://www.konstantin-online.de/bat/. Another is to
mail RIT labs with a suggestion and finally to post on the TBBETA list
which is more often read by the developers.

It  is  unlikely  that this change could make it into the current beta
program  since  Stefan  has  announced that he will be implementing no
more  new  features  in  1.42 before release. IMHO it is so simple and
obvious an improvement that it could well be implemented.

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>