Morning Eberhard,

> I open the New mail and type: Smith - and hit TAB. Nothing happens.
> Typing Joe leads to the same result.

 this form of auto-completion only works with nicks recorded in address
 book.

 the other form is typing a phrase, and if it is in the list of recently
 used addresses, it will be completed from there if you wait for a short
 moment.

 the next is entering full names that will be completed from the address
 book.

 I did a more detailed explanation on auto-completion quite some time ago,
 but you'd have to search the archives for it as I lost it :-(

> Hai! Sou desu yo! :-D

 Japanese?

> I'm sorry for repeating what others have already said. I also checked the
> FAQ section and previous posts but it was hard to make real use of them
> since one has to gather the needed info bit by bit from a large amount of
> posts. Finally I think requests such as mine are just what this ml is
> for.

 Exactly!

--
.. Jast ... mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]