Howdy Douglas,

Friday, May 05, 2000, 10:31:10 PM, you wrote:

DH> Hello  fellow The Bat User Discussion List members,

DH> A attachment containing the ILOVEYOU virus was received and deleted
DH> without double clicking on it, although HTML Autoview had been set
DH> so TB opened in that way first. Searching on the files it sets in
DH> C:\ showed nothing.

DH> I made Kill Filters for all active accounts, which act on detecting
DH> the signal string <ILOVEYOU> (without the <>) in the subject of any
DH> message. I also turned off "HTML Autoview" from the "View" menu of
DH> all accounts.

DH> Any opinions about that being an adequate solution? Thanks in
DH> advance.

No..because  it  only  needs to change its name and your check will no
longer work...and in fact, that is exactly what it HAS done (or rather
someone  has  done  it  for  it) and there are now 3 versions (at last
count) of the letters with the attachment and in each case the subject
and message has changed and the name of the VBS file has been changed.

You  are  better  off  keeping  your antivirus sw up to date and never
opening  suspicious  files...especially  ones with the .VBS extension.
Unless  you  are  in the programming field, it is most unlikely anyone
would send you a .VBS file unless it was malicious code.

 Woofie

Http://www.woofess.com                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]