Hello Chris,

your question is a good one, and it may interest other new users of TB.
So I am posting a copy of this on the list: TBUDL = The Bat Users'
Discussion List. As you have found my originals messages, you will
know that you can subscrite by sending a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] if you are not a subscriber yet.

Now to your question:

Monday, May 08, 2000, 12:15:11 AM, Chris VanHonk wrote:
CV> Hi Thomas,

CV>   I'm a TB user and I have sen your name mentioned in the
CV> user discussion list as having the answer to the problem of
CV> having TB trying to download messages over a LAN while the
CV> network is disconnected from the Internet. An Online/Offline
CV> selection. I would appreciate any help that you would see
CV> fit to give.

My LAN is always connected to the Internet (well, 6 days a week). I
have the choice of connecting to the Internet via the LAN, or by
seperate modem connection (when the LAN connection to the Internet is
down). If the LAN's connection to the internet is down, I cannot
download emails.

To connect via the LAN, I go to Options/Network&Admin and click "Local
Area Network or manual connection". Windows will do the rest (as long
as you are correctly connecting to the LAN, and the LAN is connected
to the internet).

To connect via modem, I can either use Windows' Dial-Up connection,
and not change anything in TB - this works fine when the LAN is down.
Or I can change the setting under Options/Network&Admin to Dial-Up
Networking.

If this is not clear, please ask again.

CV> Thanks for your time :-)

You are most welcome. :-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.                               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]