Hello TBUDL@thebat.,

Thursday, March 10, 2011, 12:26:37 AM, you wrote:

TF> Hello Munango-Keewati,

TF> On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:04:42 -0600 GMT (09/Mar/11, 10:04 AM +0700 GMT),
TF> Munango-Keewati wrote:

MK>> My Gmail account is used to subscribe to multiple mailing lists, such
MK>> as this one.  I've recently started noticing that downloads are
MK>> incomplete.  This evening I downloaded five or six times, one after
MK>> the other, with each download ranging from approximately 13 to 38
MK>> messages.  Perhaps it's functioned this way all along and I just
MK>> didn't notice (though I doubt that).

MK>> Has anyone else noticed this behavior?  Anyone have any suggestions
MK>> for a way to fix it?

TF> I have noticed that when the connection is slow *and* the attachment
TF> is large (over 10 MB in my case).

MK>> I hope this won't be considered off-topic; I'm sure many TB users are
MK>> also using Gmail.

TF> No, it has nothing to do with Gmail. In fact, I don't use Gmail for
TF> certain reasons. It has to do with TB! timing out.

TF> I usually blame the connection rather than TheBat!. That's because I
TF> haven't used another POP client in over 10 years, and at the time,
TF> attachment weren't that large.

This is not directly related to this problem, but might be a way of
limiting download batches:

The Bat. To stop big emails.            13 December 2010

Account – Properties- Mail Management-Message Management-
 Tick Receive Header Only if message size is greater than
        -have set this at 1,000 Kbytes – 1 MB

You receive header (sender, subject, time, size etc.)

Then in The Bat Control-Shift-F2 opens Message Dispatcher for list of
mail in webmail, so you can choose to
     Read, Receive, Delete, Open:

                        If not wanted, just Delete and Click on
Download Arrow Icon

                        If wanted, Receive and Delete and Click on
Download Arrow Icon

                Or instead, you can use your internet provider's
                Webmail

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3

...In an office: AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT
 AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD